Characters I defend
1. Bella Swan- The Twilight Saga – The first character I chose has to be Bella Swan. Ever since my twilight obsession days, I have always had to defend Bella and Kristen Stewart (they go hand in hand) everyone is always moaning about how miserable she was as a character. NO SHE WAS NOT MISERABLE -she was just shy and awkward okay? I absolutely loved Bella as a character because she was realistic and relatable. Woo team Bella.
2. Katniss- The Hunger Games- People also always complain about how stubborn and rude Katniss is as a character while loving Gale or Peeta. She is the one that everyone should love, she is the sixteen yeat old who saved everyone from a corrupt government.
3. Mia – If I Stay- I don’t why but people seem to hate Mia but I really liked her. Like Bella she was just a nice, normal and relatable character and I really liked that. I also really liked her commitment to music and her relationship with her parents made me want to be her.
4. Amy Dunne from Gone Girl- to be honest, I feel like I am the weird one here. I know I shouldn’t like her but I do. She is strong and independent and I love that. Due to studying Victorian Literature at University, I am use to dealing with submission women who rely solely on men and when I read this I was like ‘yesss, you go Amy’. I know she is a psycho but I really like her. What do you think of her?
5. Rachel Watson- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins -Oh Rachel, many people do not like her but I really liked her. Yes, she had a drinking problem but she also suffered a lot. I know I say this a lot but I really wanted to jump into the book and help her. I wanted to hug her. She tried her hardest to survive the situation she found herself in.
It seems like I am defending all of the hatable characters but trust me, if you open your hearts to them, you will love them. Let me know what you think of them…do you agree or not?