If you are anything like me you desire to read more but life gets in the way…or mostly Netflix. (Sorry, I just love a lot of TV shows.) But I am going to try and motivate us to read more.
- Always have a book with you, as Lemony Snicket once said “Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.” Recently, I have been travelling a lot to London and to work everyday on the bus. So, I utilise the time spent travelling by reading my kindle or book.
- If you are a morning person, wake up a little bit earlier and read a little.
- Or…if you are anything like me, take advantage of your evenings and end your day with a book. Apparently if you devote 15/20 minutes reading a day, you can easily read 20-30 books a year. Think of all of the books you could read, if you dedicated a few hours a day. WOW!!!
- You could also try an audio version of the book and listen while you everyday tasks.
- Set yourself task…I, for example aim to read 115 books this year. If you want to set yourself a goal, get the Goodreads app. It’s a dream, because not only can you can set your own challenge but you can also view your friends challenges for motivation and//or recommendations.
- Put your phone down.
- Don’t pick Netflix over reading…I am guilty of this. Stop, don’t watch another episode…pick up a book.
- Read in a peaceful place.
- Read with a friend.
- Give a book up if you don’t enjoy it, otherwise it will put you in a book slump.
- Maybe set yourself book deadlines- for example I said I would read six books this month, meaning I need to read one and a half books a week.
- Like the transport one – Utilise your other free time, I waste a lot of time. Honestly, I sometimes spend hours doing nothing and then look back and think ‘wow, that was stupid of me.’
- Keep an open mind when reading.
Have you got any tips for me? Did you find these helpful?