A not so secret fact about myself is that I am a sucker for an emotional narratives. It feels like a good book when my heart is penetrated by emotion and I left paralysed by long lasting thoughts. Anyone else feel this?
So I thought I would write a post today about the books that did just that and more… evidently I love a bit of sadness and romance.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- After You by Jojo Moyes
- My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult
- 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Life and Death of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Atonement by Ian Mcewan
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness 9
Lucky for me 9 out of 10 of these books are films (which also BROKE ME and my poor little heart). Come on After You I am here and waiting for a movie version. I need visual closure as well. Each one of these books absolutely ripped my heart out and made me cry pools and pools of tears. I probably could have filled a swimming pool of tear after these books.
- Have you read these wonderful books or seen the films?
- I live by the fact that you have to read the book first but it is okay if you have not…lets chat.
- What books broke you?
- Can you recommend any books for me based on these books?