So, I thought I would update you guys on what I have read in 2017 so far. I haven’t read as much as I wanted so far because I have been busy working on my dissertation.
I am doing my dissertation on the representation of trauma within Gillian Flynn’s novels, so I have been reading a lot about crime fiction. Oh yeah…that means I get to write 10,000 words on my love for Gillian Flynn and look at her novels: Sharp Objects, Dark Places and Gone Girl.
- Adult Children: The Secrets of Dysfunctional Families by John C. Friel
- Twentieth- Century Suspense: The Thriller Comes of Age by Clive Bloom
- Thriller: Genesis and Structure of a Popular Genre by Jerry Palmer
- Unclaimed Experience: Trauma, Narrative and History by Cathy Caruth
- The Cambridge Companion to Crime Fiction by Martin Priestman
- Crime Fiction from Poe to the Present by Martin Priestman
- Trauma and Survival in Contemporary Fiction by Laurie Vickroy
- Too Scared to Cry: Psychic Trauma in Childhood by Lenore Terr
- Child of God by Cormac McCarthy
- Bastard Out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison
- Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick
- The Girl Before by J.P.Delaney