I try to do these weekly but I have failed for a long time now haha. Forgive me? This is a weekly challenge hosted by the broke and the bookish. I saw this weeks on Coffeeloving Bookoholic and the books she picked and some of my all time favourites- so I feel like I HAVE to do it.
TOP TEN BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS IF YOU WANT TO GET INTO CLASSICS.
I absolutely love classics I do…good thing I studies an English Literature undergraduate course.
- My all time favourite book is – On the Road by Jack Kerouac. It both breaks my heart and baffles me when I see people giving it like one star. WHYYYY? I initially read this book in anticipation for the 2012 movie starring Kristen Stewart (one of my all time favourite actresses) but I am so glad I read it then because it still stays with me now.
- The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald. I first read this years ago and then I had to study it for first year at University and I fell in love with it deeper.
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens. I love love love Dickens.
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding.
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. Have you read any of these?
Which classics do you love?