Have you ever suffered from a book hangover? I know I sure have.
I few things I do when I have finished a book:
- Become soo obsessed with the beautiful writing that you have to order EVERY other book the author has written.
- After seriously looking a book I roam the internet for hours trying to find fandom communities for that book.
- Long for a movie adaptation of the book and hope it is perfect.
- Having a countdown on my phone until the release date of the book.
- Although I am grateful for the book, I wish I could return back time and read it again. I envy those who have yet to discover the brilliance of the authors and narratives.
- I force my friends to read the books so we can ‘fangirl’ together or have a debate.
- Get obsessed with the characters within the books and the actor/actresses playing them in the film adaptation.
- I realise I cannot completely escape within the novel, which makes reality suck.
- I realise I will never get a boyfriends with all the qualities of my favourite boy characters.
- I panic that I will never find another book that will fill my life with such joy
- I become Matilda
- I start to use book slang such a ‘Muggles’
- I ponder how I will use my new vocabulary I learnt while reading the book in everyday life.
Have you ever felt any of those feelings after reading a book? Or anything else … please let me know in the comments below.