How good does it feel when your make up is all organised and nicely presented? A-MAZ-ING, am I right? How do you organise your make up? Leave me a comment below and let me know. I dream of having a dressing table in my future house…please-please-please! I can’t right now because I am flittering between houses because I am living the student life right now.
So, for now I organise my make up like this. (well some of my make up, like my lipsticks and eyeshadow- the others are in my MASSIVE make-up bag.
I love this little storage thing, isn’t it preeeetttyyyy.
I have six go to highlighters that I absolutely adore! 😈
Chameleon Highlighter In Mother of Pearl. £12.99 at Topshop
Look at my poor baby!! I smashed this while travelling and I am too attatched to get rid and too poor right now to treat myself to a new one. *downfall to being a student* I still use it daily so it’s all good.
I Heart Makeup Unicorn Heart Highlighter only £4.99 at Superdrug
I absolutely love this Highlighter, just look at it! My only downfall to this is that it is a little bit blue for my liking.
I Heart Makeup – Goddess of Love Triple Baked Highlighter. £4.99 Superdrug
M.U.A Highlight Shimmer £4 Superdrug
M.U.A Undress Your Skin- Iridescent Gold £3 Superdrug
M.U.A Undress Your Skin- pink shimmer £3 Superdrug
M.U.A highlighters are A-MAZ-ING.
(Left to right)
- Mother of Pearl. It’s subtle yet powerful! -£12.99
- Triple Baked Highlighter -£4.99
- M.U.A – Pink Shimmer -£3
- M.U.A – Iridescent Gold- £3
- Unicorn Heart -£4.99
- M.U.A – Highlight Shimmer – £4
Thank you for reading ✨ What’s your favourite Highlighter?
I WANT TO CELEBRATE YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE…
A few rules first…
- You have to be following my blog. p.s…I can tell when you comment without following 😉
- Comment below that you want to be entered.
- Open worldwide
I wanted to something aimed at both my book followers and beauty followers.
What you can win…
- £20/$20/€20 to spend at any book retailer e.g Amazon, Waterstones and Book Depository.
- The Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette.
- So thats the Modern Renaissance Palette PLUS £/€/$ 20 to spend on books or anything bookish.
- You will have a chance to wins these if you follow my blog and comment below.
- This giveaway will end in a week (or maybe two depending on entries).
Thank you for reading.
I had a really positive response to the first post about my bookish habits…we are all a little weird and I LOVE IT. This is my second post and I love hearing what you reply, so please comment below and lets be weird and wonderful together.
Read part one here –
Here I discussed my impulse to talk to anyone reading a book, stifling a yawn with my book, hating on people who abuse books and my favourite reading location.
- Smelling books. New or Old I will give a book a cheeky little smell. Have you ever walked into a old vintage book shop and thought wow, it smells amazing. I wish they made candles in old book scent because I would burn that for daaayyyyssss. I always think old books smell well loved if that makes any sense at all. P.S. Early season Rory gives me life, she was a complete bookworm.
- Leaving books scattered around the house. I am sooo guilty of this and it irritates my mum so much, she would always say she knew when I was back from university because she would just find books in random places. I need access to books at all times okay, what if something happened and I had to stay in that room…it would be okay because I would have a book with me.
3. Always having a book on me. I won’t leave the house unless I have a book with me. You never know when you will have a spare minute to read. Waiting for someone?-read. Early somewhere?-read. Unhappy?- Read. Bored?- Read. Legit the other day I went to Bath for the day with my best friend and I thought I would be early to the station so I grabbed my trusty version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
4. Going on holiday and packing more books than clothes. THANK YOU KINDLE FOR MAKING MY LIFE EASIER NOW! When I use to visit my dad in Denmark over summer I would take like ten books for a week trip and SMASH them all. He would have to work somedays so I would just read in his apartment or walk to the park and read. I still sometimes take physical copies of books with me but prefer to take my kindle nowadays because it is lighter and easier to carry. Although I prefer reading books over kindle books? what’s your thoughts on this matter?
5. Spending hours on end in libraries and bookshops. Guilty again. I got spend an endless amount of time roaming the shelves in bookshops and libraries. Being surrounded by books fills me with a sense of comfort and belonging and I LOVE IT.
6. Talking about fictional characters as if they are real. I am a nightmare when it comes to this. They are real to me okay, they have touched my heart and now live in there. When I was going to my dissertation meetings my supervisor had to sit me down and advise me to stop writing and discussing the characters as if they were real. So…instead of writing Nick and Amy volitile relationship, I would have to write Flynn constructed the characters of Nick and Amy to give the illusion of a volatile relationship.Blah Blah Blah.
So here are six more reading habits of mine. Do you do the same? What do you think of mine?
Yay! I got two more Lime Crime lipsticks. ✨ This time I went for Suedeberry and Red Velvet.
YAAAASSS MULTIPLE SHADES OF RED!!
You seriously cannot get enough of reds. I legit have like 20 shades of red and honestly they are allllll different.
Suedeberry is the top swatch and Red Velvet is the bottom one. I love the orange tinge to it. Love love love. 💄✨
- Are you a red lip lover?
- What’s your favourite brand of red?
- What’s your favourite shade of red?
Thank you to The Orangutan Librarian for the tag (better late than never, am I right?) One of my favourite blogs right here. Go check out the blog – click here .
So without further ado, here is the tag rules and my answers.
- Pick five plus villains and wonder what books they are most likely to read
- nominate bloggers!
- Have fun in the world of villainy
I have seen him on a few tags now but I have to pick He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named…cough cough Lord Voldemort as my first villain. Good ol’ Tom Riddle, one of my favourite antagonists. So, he is extremely magical, can command an evil army, a grand manipulator and an intellect.
I would have to agree and go with Main Kampf by Adolf Hitler. I know I know, I shouldn’t have found this soo funny when I saw it but it did.
Patrick Bateman – Bateman is the cocky wall street yuppie who goes around killing people. I am going to say that he would read The Wolf of Wall Street by Jordan Bellfort.
Count Dracula- I want him to read Twilight and get a different perspective on Vampires.
Hannibal – I actually think he would read all about Patrick Bateman in American Psycho. Get some inspiration on killing an’ all.
The Joker – I think he would read something like I Am Not A Serial Killer by Dan Wells.
I nominate – (If you don’t want to do it, don’t worry!
- Anyone that wants to do it, it is super funny. Tag me so I can see your answers.
Recently I have been reflecting upon the weird things I do when I am reading or in my everyday life regarding reading and I thought I would share them with you. Maybe you can comfort me and let me know that I am not the only one who does them.
So, without further ado here are my weird book//reading habits.
- My favourite place to read is sat on a cushion, on the floor with my back pressed against a scorching hot radiator. Obviously I can and do read in other locations but this is where I feel the most relaxed. I love having a cup of tea within reaching distance when I read, any kind – peppermint, green tea, normal tea. Where do you like reading the most?
- Whenever I am out and about and I can see someone reading a book that I love, this weird thing happens to me. I stop what I am doing and just stare at the person for a while; I try my hardest to look normal on the outside but on the inside I am screaming up and down with eagerness. I want to be their friend, I want to go 3up to the person and chat to them about the book and gain their opinion. I know this is super weird but I would love it if someone did it to me, it would be slightly bizarre at first but then I would be like ‘yaaaaasss gurl, I love this book. ITS AMAZING!!’ Please tell me that at least one of you do this and that I haven’t gone completely crazy.
- I absolutely despise it when people bend the top of a page when reading as an indicator for where they got to. I will use ANYTHING and EVERYTHING before resorting to mistreating my book. The other day for instance, I didn’t have any paper in my bag so I quickly used my paracetamol packet instead to keep my page. Bookmarks can be so quirky, colourful and amazing…use them people…use them.
- Once facebook told me on a quiz, that I would meet my true love at a bookstore while reaching for the same book. Obviously facebook is 100% an accurate and reliable source, so I am waiting for the day to happen. Imagine it now…it has been a stressful day and I long for the comfort of a bookstore, I am in desperate need for the latest release and just when I am on the verge of giving up. I spot the last copy out of the corner of my eye, I run to the book in a socially accepting manner and just as my hand are about to clasp the book, a strong muscular arm collides with mine. *romantic instrumental music begins* as our touch creates sparks and we stare longingly into each other’s eyes.
So, number on my list is how I always think how romantic it would be to meet someone as a bookstore. OR, I imagine myself into books where I date the main character.
- Forgetting I have hands when reading and stifling a yawn with a book. I read about someone else doing this the other day and I realized that I also do it. I am so intensely captivated by the book that instead of putting to book down like a normal human to cover my mouth while yawning, I just bring my book to my mouth and yawn.
This post made me sound crazzzy, absolutely bonkers. I have sooo many more weird (yet wonderful) book habits to share with you guys, but I didn’t want to overwhelm you and scare you away. But if you do like this post and want to hear more- please comment below and I a second post will follow.
Also, do you have any quirky things you do while reading?