One of my obsession and has been for many years now is Harry Potter. In my defence who isn’t obsessed with Harry Potter? 🤔😏 When I was little (I can’t write that anymore without thinking of Louisa Clarke from Me Before You‘) I had Harry Potter everythannngg- bike, cloack, Nimbus 2000, figurines, towels….you name it, I had it. Evidently my Harry Potter transport was on point haha…
But you know, as I got older the merch started going to car boot sales and charity shops.. *Why mum…why???* In hindsight I should have kept it all but I didn’t.
But let’s not let that get us down because recently my sister went to Florida and got me a wand. Harry’s wand in particular…yaaaaaayyy! When I visit I am going to buy another one or two – cough cough- probabally all of them because I have no self control.
Behold – Harry’s wand. Am I the chosen one now because I feel like it?
- Do you love Harry Potter? Is so, why?
- Which house are you in?
- Who’s your favourite character?
Last time I did this post I was reading Louis Pentlands book Wilde Like Me, which I will review soon.
Now I am reading This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp. I was sent this in ARC form months and months ago but life has been super busy so I borrowed the physical copy and now I’m devouring it.
- The cover for this book gives me life!
- I’ve heard sooo many good things about it.
- I’m nearly half way and I’m hooked.
- The switching of perspectives makes the pace fast, which makes my adenraline pump with anticipation.
Everyone has a reason to fear the boy with the gun.
10:00 a.m. The principal of Opportunity, Alabama’s high school finishes her speech, welcoming the entire student body to a new semester and encouraging them to excel and achieve.
10:02 a.m.The students get up to leave the auditorium for their next class.
10:03.The auditorium doors won’t open.
10:05. Someone starts shooting.Told from four perspectives over the span of 54 harrowing minutes, terror reigns as one student’s calculated revenge turns into the ultimate game of survival.Winter ‘
- Have you read this book?
- Have I intrigued you to read it?
- What did you think?
“Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,If you’ve a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind.“
As a lot of you will know, I am a Ravenclaw – Pottermore confirmed it and I feel it in my heart.
With these traits in mind, I thought I would recommend some books for fellow Ravenclaws.
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- Atonement by Ian McEwan
- Emma by Jane Austen
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- So, what did you think of this post and my picks?
- Would you like it if I did the other houses?
- Shall I do a part two of this?
I’ve been thinking recently what books I use as a comfort blanket and what books have stayed with me since I read them.
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac
- The Trial by Franz Kafka
- The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald
- Harry Potter and the Philospher Stone by J.K.Rowling
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Sophie’s World by Jostein Gaarder
- The Hobbit by J.R.R.Tolkien
What books comfort or stay with you?
I WANT TO CELEBRATE YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE…
A few rules first…
- You have to be following my blog. p.s…I can tell when you comment without following 😉
- Comment below that you want to be entered.
- Open worldwide
I wanted to something aimed at both my book followers and beauty followers.
What you can win…
- £20/$20/€20 to spend at any book retailer e.g Amazon, Waterstones and Book Depository.
- The Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette.
- So thats the Modern Renaissance Palette PLUS £/€/$ 20 to spend on books or anything bookish.
- You will have a chance to wins these if you follow my blog and comment below.
- This giveaway will end in a week (or maybe two depending on entries).
Thank you for reading.