A while back I forgot my password for my bookstagram account and because I had my everyday insta account I let it slip.
…but I am now back 🙏🏻🙋🏼
Go check out my Instagram account over at @book_captivation. I love good book chat, so head on over and talk to me!
Here is a preview of my account, do you like what you see? 😏 oi oi follow follow! Feel free to comment on my posts and I’ll definitely check out your Instagrams.
I absolutely adore Gillian Flynn guys!! Love love love her writing and now I am writing my dissertation on her! 🙋🏼
Do you love Gillian Flynn? Feeling a little obsessed with? (Join the club!!)
If you haven’t read anything by her, sprint to your closest bookshop and frantically search for anything and everything written by her because she is extraordinary.
Let’s discuss what makes her great, comment below!
I could lie and say not all of the copies are mine but they are! Ahhh sbbdbbdjdkfbjs I just cannot resist and this is only Gone Girl- I have copies of all her other books in a few different versions.
So, I thought I would update you guys on what I have read in 2017 so far. I haven’t read as much as I wanted so far because I have been busy working on my dissertation.
I am doing my dissertation on the representation of trauma within Gillian Flynn’s novels, so I have been reading a lot about crime fiction. Oh yeah…that means I get to write 10,000 words on my love for Gillian Flynn and look at her novels: Sharp Objects, Dark Places and Gone Girl.
- Adult Children: The Secrets of Dysfunctional Families by John C. Friel
- Twentieth- Century Suspense: The Thriller Comes of Age by Clive Bloom
- Thriller: Genesis and Structure of a Popular Genre by Jerry Palmer
- Unclaimed Experience: Trauma, Narrative and History by Cathy Caruth
- The Cambridge Companion to Crime Fiction by Martin Priestman
- Crime Fiction from Poe to the Present by Martin Priestman
- Trauma and Survival in Contemporary Fiction by Laurie Vickroy
- Too Scared to Cry: Psychic Trauma in Childhood by Lenore Terr
- Child of God by Cormac McCarthy
- Bastard Out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison
- Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick
- The Girl Before by J.P.Delaney
What have you guys been reading this year?
Today I thought I would share with you my AMAZINGLY beautiful new make up brushes. I have stuck with Real Tenchniques brushes for years now but for Christmas my sister got me the oval brushes!
And then for my 21st birthday 🎉 my sister got me the unicorn ones (pictured below) and I treated myself with the spectrum brushes.
I will will continue to love love love my Real Techniques brushes but just opened my heart to these bad boys! 🎉🎈
This box will definitely make the January blues go away! 👋🏻
This time I got –
- A Lord & Berry conceal-it Crayon in Beige. (Normally £12)
- A NUXE Huile Prodigieuse (Normally £17)
- A Merci Handy hand cream (normally £4.90)
- A Monu professional skincare mist (£19.95)
- Wish Shave Crave Shaving Cream in Acai Grapefruit (normally £14.80)
MY BLOG TURNED TWO ON THE 26TH OF DECEMBER!
I just wanted to say thank you so so much for following my blog, I cannot express how much all of your comments, interaction and follows mean to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
When I first decided to start a blog, I honestly thought that no one would read it and that my content wouldn’t interest anyone but you guys do and it means the world to me.
This blog has encouraged me in more ways than I ever thought possible; my blog has given me a voice, a place and a reason to write. I LOVE that this blog allows me to interact with people about books…AHHHH BOOKS…I f***ing love books!
I am so grateful to all the publishing houses that contact me, the brands and independent authors. (Feel free to message me)
I love hearing what you guys have to say, I absolutely adore when you comment on my posts and most importantly I love love love it when we chat about books.
I also just wanted to thank you to everyone that is supportive when I write about my person life and anxiety/depression. You guys make me feel loved.
2016 RELEASES I DIDN’T GET TO (BUT TOTALLY PLAN TO READ)
1.The Girls by Emma Cline (my blog has featured this book a lot recently, I just really want to read it.)
2. All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders
3.Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
4.Replica by Lauren Oliver
5.Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick
6. Fire in You by Jennifer L.Armentrout (I would like to try this because I really like the author.)
7. The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
8. This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills
9. Whisper to Me by Nick Lake
10. If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo