Hello lovelies, I had done a few of these now and they have been really possible so I thought I would do another one.
- I sometimes skim read. I know, I know I really shouldn’t but I do.
- It makes me ANGRY when there are labels on the front of my books…retailers, can you stop this? Seriously, just pop it on the back. That why I won’t be emotionally traumatised when the price sticker ruins the front of my book while being pulled off. Dear people of stick stickers or labels on my books please stop because you are making us both sad.
- Sometimes go through reading ruts where I don’t read for a couple of weeks. (Don’t threat though because it’s normally resolved by me having the urge to people and then I read loads a once…it is a blessing and a curse.) To be fair this normally happens when I become hooked on a netflix show…BLAME NETFLIX.
- Sometimes I read multiple books at the same time (not literally of course) but i’ll read one then put it down for a while and then pick up another one.
- Occasionally films inspire me to read. Wait, let me explain…if I watch a film and I thoroughly enjoy it and I didn’t know it was a book before release I will read the book. (If I know it is a book, I will read it before it comes out) Also, if I really connect with a character and they have a favourite book or are reading something that I have not read, I will read it.
If you want to check out my other posts like this one…click on the links below.
Bookish Habits part one.
Bookish Habits part two.
Bookish Habits part three.
Thank you so much for reading…
The wonderful company that is Prestige Flowers sent me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers. I received the Paris bouquet and when I saw them I was overwhelmed with their beauty, smell and most importantly quality. THE QUALITY IS INCREDIBLE.
I received the bunch of flowers on the day I moved into my new house and for the last week they have been a statement feature that brings a lot of happiness to me (and my lucky lucky flat mates).
Not only did I love my bouquet but I thoroughly enjoy browsing their website because it is soo colourful. I want them all…so, feel free to buy me one and send it to me. (Joking, don’t do that) But, seriously check out their website.
Do you have any birthday coming up? If so, click here and check out their birthday flowers. They are my favourite, so vibrant and beautiful.
If you have any questions, leave a comment below.
Hey everyone, I have recently been absent because I went to Reading Festival and I have been organising my life ready to move to Oxford in September.
So, for the last three years (2014 – 2017) I have been doing my undergrad degree in English Literature in Bristol. (Only 40-50 minutes down the road from my hometown Swindon) Upon reflection, those three years were incredible. Of course at times I got caught up in the anxiety, stress and depression but I have gone out on the other side smiling…and you know what-for the first time-EVER- I feel proud. Proud of myself for gaining a high 2:1 in my degree and I am super proud of all the blood,sweat and tears I put into it.
I F**KING DID IT. YAAAASSS.
As mentioned above, university was incredible. I absolutely love learning and I am always hungry and eager for new information. Not only did I get to read some fantastic books along my journey but I also met the most amazing people. I LOVE THEM AND TRULY APPRECIATE THEM. True friends for life. As cliche as it sounds, it is true…when you work so intensely with someone or live with someone you skip early stages of friendship and BAM you’re besties for life. Oh sometimes this can go wrong an people clash but that didn’t really happen to me, I am still friends now with two of the people I met on the first day and still really close to those who I lived with in years two and three.
Do you live in Oxford? Where would you recommend going, eating, drinking, exploring. Tell me, tell me, tell me. I have only ever been to Oxford for theatre trips so I don’t know a lot.
Also, how fricking cool is it that I am going to be starting my Publishing Masters?? Like me? Oh yaasss, learning all about the wonderful world of publishing…watch out future publishing houses…I am coming for you. (*fingers crossed* hopefully) They can just pile my desk up with books to edit and market and I won’t even complain, “BRING MORE” I’ll shout. Remember when I did my publishing work experience last year and LOVED IT, that would be my life!!!
Any of my lovely followers completed an MA/ MASTERS? If so, how did you cope money wise? Actually anyone with money advice help me out because I am struggling to comprehend how I am going to survive the next year.
How did you feel about this informal little chat up we just had? We became best friends right? But – seriously – I love interacting with you and would love to actually get to know you more, so drop a comment below…please.
One of my obsession and has been for many years now is Harry Potter. In my defence who isn’t obsessed with Harry Potter? 🤔😏 When I was little (I can’t write that anymore without thinking of Louisa Clarke from Me Before You‘) I had Harry Potter everythannngg- bike, cloack, Nimbus 2000, figurines, towels….you name it, I had it. Evidently my Harry Potter transport was on point haha…
But you know, as I got older the merch started going to car boot sales and charity shops.. *Why mum…why???* In hindsight I should have kept it all but I didn’t.
But let’s not let that get us down because recently my sister went to Florida and got me a wand. Harry’s wand in particular…yaaaaaayyy! When I visit I am going to buy another one or two – cough cough- probabally all of them because I have no self control.
Behold – Harry’s wand. Am I the chosen one now because I feel like it?
- Do you love Harry Potter? Is so, why?
- Which house are you in?
- Who’s your favourite character?
How good does it feel when your make up is all organised and nicely presented? A-MAZ-ING, am I right? How do you organise your make up? Leave me a comment below and let me know. I dream of having a dressing table in my future house…please-please-please! I can’t right now because I am flittering between houses because I am living the student life right now.
So, for now I organise my make up like this. (well some of my make up, like my lipsticks and eyeshadow- the others are in my MASSIVE make-up bag.
I love this little storage thing, isn’t it preeeetttyyyy.
Last time I did this post I was reading Louis Pentlands book Wilde Like Me, which I will review soon.
Now I am reading This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp. I was sent this in ARC form months and months ago but life has been super busy so I borrowed the physical copy and now I’m devouring it.
- The cover for this book gives me life!
- I’ve heard sooo many good things about it.
- I’m nearly half way and I’m hooked.
- The switching of perspectives makes the pace fast, which makes my adenraline pump with anticipation.
Everyone has a reason to fear the boy with the gun.
10:00 a.m. The principal of Opportunity, Alabama’s high school finishes her speech, welcoming the entire student body to a new semester and encouraging them to excel and achieve.
10:02 a.m.The students get up to leave the auditorium for their next class.
10:03.The auditorium doors won’t open.
10:05. Someone starts shooting.Told from four perspectives over the span of 54 harrowing minutes, terror reigns as one student’s calculated revenge turns into the ultimate game of survival.Winter ‘
- Have you read this book?
- Have I intrigued you to read it?
- What did you think?