Look at them…..
I AM SERIOUSLY FANGIRLING RIGHT NOW…..AHHHHHHHH SBDNDJBDJDJDJDHDND
Thank the people/person who nominated you.
Answer the questions from your nominators.
Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
Thank you so much to the amazing Lauren for nominating me, I am soo sorry for it taking so long- (I didn’t see the tag). Go and check out her blog – HERE
I also got nominated
1. Have you ever been to a concert, if so which was your first?
A Girls Aloud concert I believe.
2. What was the last thing you watched on TV?
Full House on Netflix… I am obsessed!
3. Name three things which make you happy?
1.Reading 2.Make-Up 3. Fangirling/bingeing on Netflix shows.
4. What is your favourite thing about summer?
Going outside in the sun and chilling with friends. (Reading Harry Potter over and over in the sun)
5. Spots or stripes?
Oh hard question, love both. Probably stripes at the moment, though.
6. What are you currently reading?
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
7. What movie are you next looking forward to being released?
Me Before You…AHHHHHH AHHHH.
8. Do you wear jewellery of any kind?
I wear a necklace and 3 rings.
9. For how long have you been blogging?
About a year a half.
10. What is your favourite fizzy/soft drink?
Anything lemon flavoured.
11. How many languages can you speak? What are they?
Two – English and French.
I was also nominated for this, by the lovely Charleigh. Go and check out her blog over here. Here questions are below-
1.What is your favourite song?
ah, favourite song. Umm this is difficult- right now it is ‘Don’t Let Me Be Understood’ by Nina Simone
2.Do you prefer buying books or borrowing?
Buying all the way. Especially if I become obsessed with them, I need own them.
3.Do you have any pets?
Yes a rabbit, called Jasper.
4.What is one thing you want to do in the future?
5.What is your worst habit?
Playing with my hair.
6.Your dream job?
7.What genre is your favourite?
8.What is your favourite TV show?
At the moment – Full House and Teen Wolf.
9.Where in the world do you live?
Bristol- United Kingdom…use to live in Swindon.
10.If you had the chance to meet an author or celebrity, who would you choose?
11.If you had 1 million pounds/dollars, what would you do with it?
I would buy a lot of books, just go shopping for books and not worry about the cost.
Also just wanted to say thank you, thank you so much for thinking of me when choosing to tag people. It means soo much to me.
Hello, my lovely readers I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate you. Every day I wake up and think of you guys- so thank you, thank you and thank you a thousand times. You make me soo happy!!
At the moment, I am on 1242 followers!! Thank you so much for interacting with my posts and I absolutely adore it when I start talking to you guys in the comments.
I just want to hug all of you and thank you.
Award created by – this blog .
(check out the blogs mentions by clicking on their names, go go go…)
Here are the rules:
I started this book in January 2015 and although sometimes I abandon it, I love and cherish it soo much. It is like my little baby! I started it because I love books and just wanted to share my love with other people that can relate to the anguish of beloved character deaths, the lie of just one more page and ultimately just adore books as much as me.
My advice –
Be yourself. Don’t worry about followers or likes, just write about what you love.
Explore other blogs…when I am not writing blog posts I am often being nosy and stalker the blogs I love. So, get out there and explore…
I thought I would do this tag…
1. Find a book for each of your initials.
I have yet to read Shatter Me, however Papertowns and Wither are two of my favourite books.
2. Count your age along your book shelf- which book is it?
I absolutely love this book! Sylvia Plath’s writing is just extraordinary.
3. Pick a book set in your city/state/country.
I have gone with the obvious and chosen the Harry Potter series…
4. Pick a book that represents a destination you would love to travel to.
I am going to have to go with Harry Potter again because ‘Ahhh HOGWARTS’
5. Pick a book that’s your favourite colour.
I choose this book because the ‘feels’ are still there, I read this a few years ago and it broke me. Even now when I read it, I get trapped in the vicious circle of fallen madly in love with the characters and then getting my heart shattered. Blue is also my favourite colour so this cover automatically sprang to mind.
6. Which book do you have the fondest memories of?
I choose this book because not only is it my favourite book within the Twilight Saga but it is also has a lot of meaning to me. This book really altered me as a teenager and removing all of the negatively surround the protagonist, Bella made me feel normal because I was awkward and shy. This book also allowed me (fourteen year old Shan) to met the three main characters and interview them in Los Angeles because I won a competition. So, yeah that is why it is associated with fond memories.
7. Which book did you have the most difficulty reading?
I only choose this book because it is the one I am currently reading for my course and right now it is quite difficult to get into. I am sure it is an amazing book…anyone read it and want to motivate me?
8. Which book in your TBR pile will give you the biggest sense of accomplishment when you finish it?
Clarissa! I will finish this, I WILL. I just want to be able to say ‘woo, I have read the longest book in English’.
Nominations- (Here are 10, I am sorry)
The only thing Nixon Bennett ever excelled at is fighting.
No one ever understood him, especially his parents and sister.
Then Brooklyn Davis walks into his gym, and his world shifts.
Brooklyn is just like him in so many ways, and yet so fragile in others.
Can she fix this broken boy even though she’s broken herself?
Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.
America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, she is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.
As this book proceeded to grasps my attention and heart I fell deeper and deeper in love with Kiera Cass’s world she wonderfully created through impeccable writing. (Do not get me wrong, this book will not join the literary cannon and be respected by all but for a quick, enjoyable read it is really good) .
I could feel America’s feisty and stubborn personality oozing from the page, which intrigued me to the point where I could not move, eat, drink or sleep until the book was finished and I could start the next one. I absolutely love reading series because they allow me to fully invest into the characters and become emotionally attached, which furthers my enjoyment.
This book once again follows the protagonist America Singer as she goes on a journey of self discovery while taking part in ‘the selection’. This time there are only six girls continuing to fight for Maxon’s heart, in order to become a One, lead the country and become a Queen. Within this book the reader gets glimpses into Maxon’s relationships with the other girls through the perspective of America due to the fact the book is written from her perspective. This device once again allowed me, as a reader to get closer to the protagonist due to the dramatic irony which allowed me to know more about America than any of the other characters, especially Maxon with regards to Aspen. Although this perspective limited my opinion of the other girls because my judgement was clouded by America’s strong opinions, I really liked her internal monologue.
Although I do prefer dystopian novels such as ‘The Hunger Games’ and ‘The Divergent Series’ I did enjoy reading these books they were; easy, fast pace and captivating. The only thing I wish that was different was the tension and importance of the rebel attacks, I wanted more.
WAYS THAT THIS BOOK IS SIMILAR TO THE HUNGER GAMES
I am still infatuated with Maxon! TEAM MAXON.
I have been nominated for three Liebster awards so I thought I would just do them all together… I am just going to stick to 11 of each, except the questions.
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THESE THREE LOVELY BLOGS!
11 FACTS ABOUT ME…
2. I want to have a library in my house when I grew up.
4. I really miss working at the cinema, (I had to leave when I went to University).
5. I do not know where I get passion for reading from, everyone in my family seems to think I am the shy, awkward and nerdy one that just likes to read.
6. I am in love with the Saccone Joly’s on Youtube, if you don’t know them please go check them out because they are so cute and funny. They upload daily vlogs so I feel like I know them haha. I just love youtubers to be fair.
7. I love watching tv series, it allows me time to become emotionally invested in the characters. Warning do not become invested in Grey’s Anatomy characters because they do not last long…
8. My favourite colour is blue…woo to blue
9. I feel like I am a really boring person because I cannot seem to think of 11 facts about me.
10. I live in Bristol (for University), My mum, step dad and sister live in Swindon. While my dad lives in Denmark with my step mum and both of my Nan’s live in London. Although it is difficult to not have your family right there, it makes me appreciate them more.
11. I really like history and when I was younger I wanted to become a history teacher, but then I discovered the beauty of English.
THE QUESTIONS I HAVE BEEN ASKED…
The Book Dectective…
1.What would your patronus be? I love this question, I think I would be a Doe.
2. Who is your favourite Greek God? Apollo, god of the sun, truth, music and poetry.
3.If you could write a story like Harry Potter, what would you name your main character? eg. Isla Inkwell and the Astronomer’s Stone. I really like name Aria…so maybe Aria and the cave of happiness
4. What is your favourite genre to read? Oh this is hard to answer, I like fantasy books I guess.
5.Which would you rather be: Shadowhunter, Wizard at Hogwarts, Gallagher Girl, Alien from Lorien, Divergent in Dauntless, Tribute of the Hunger Games, Agent of Spectrum, Consulting Detective, Doctor’s Companion, or a Targaryen? Can I be all of them? I want to be a Divergent in dauntless, taking refuge in Hogwarts before going off to become a tribute in the Hunger Games.
6.What book got you hooked on reading? Ummm The Virgin’s Lover by Philippa Gregory, it was the first book I properly read.
7.What inspired your blog name? I am going to talk about Captivated~By ~Fantasy, I choose this because it is my tumblr name but it also what happens with me because when I read, I allow myself to be captivated.
8. What element would you like to manipulate/bend; water, fire, earth, air, metal, or spirit? water
9. What is your favourite read of this year? Probably Fight Club because it was incredible.
10. Who is your favourite character of all time? Bella from Twilight
Books ‘n’ Feathers blog asked me…
1.Would you ever set a book on fire just because it has upset/pissed you off? noo never!
2.How many hours do you spend inside a bookstore? Way too many, I could live in there.
3.What book reminds you of a phase in your life which you don’t want to ever be reminded of? Twilight eclipse because it reminds me of the time I went to LA to interview the Twilight Cast, wooo 14 year old Shan.
4.If there is just one last copy of your favourite book remaining in the world and your best friend’s kidnapper is after it, would you give up your fav book to save your best friend or not? I would definitely sacrifice my favourite book for my friend 😀 proving how much of a good friend I am.
5.Do you keep a diary? yes
6.What do you enjoy the most about writing? just being able to express myself because I am not that great at talking about my feelings.
7.Do you talk to random strangers about a book which you see them holding? I have to admit I do try and talk to people, if they are holding a book I love and they look approachable. I love seeing people reading.
8.Do you think people should slow down on tweeting about books every minute of the day when they can actually spend that time reading? I have never thought about it, but sometimes when I get really excited I just need to write about it rather than read more.
9.Which place would you love to visit in winter? New York
10.Are you a coffee/tea drinker? both!!! I love hot drinks so much.
11.Would you stop using that lipstick you apply everyday if you know that whales are being killed everyday because of you? yes
Book Nerd blog asked me…
1.Where do you want to go that you read about in a book? HOGWARTS!!!
2. What is your favorite genre? I like to read anything and everything.
3.Have you always liked to read, or is it something you just started to like randomly one day… I went on holiday once and went to the resorts book section (where people left their books) and picked up a book to read by the pool and I liked the way I could escape within it so from that moment I continued to read.
4.What is your favorite book that got turned into a movie? The Fault in Our Stars
5.What is your favorite snack to eat while reading? crisps
6.What was the worst book you’ve ever read? Umm this is really hard, I cannot think of anything right now.
7.Do you use the same bookmark every time you read a book, or do you just grab the closest thing and use it has a marker? I grab the closest thing I can
8. Is there a certain book or series that you have read over and over and over again? Harry Potter, Divergent and Twilight
9. What’s the longest book you’ve ever read? I don’t know
10. Favorite subject in school? English
11.If you could be best friends with any fictional character, who would it be? I think I would get along really well with Hermione.
I know I am meant to nominate 11 but I see that quick a few of the people I wanted to nominate have already had this award a few times and I did not want to annoy them or the people nominated me.
Thank you so much for the nomination Thera ! Go check out the blog that nominated me by clicking here .
So without further ado here are my five fantastic facts…
1. I have a serious issue of grabbing too many books whenever I visit a library…I never leave the library without at least 6 books. I am like a little child like a candy shop, I become frantic with the excitement of discovering new books.
2. I have a real problem with procrastination, especially this year for some reason. I just cannot seem to concentrate for a long amount of time in the day anymore, which means I have to do endless amounts of all nighters.
3. I am currently addicted to Grey’s Anatomy and have watched six season in three weeks. I blame my best friend because when I last went home, she put it on while I went to her house and ever since I have addicted.
4. I am still emotionally traumatized by The Fault in Our Stars…I read it nearly two years ago and I still get overly emotionally when I talk about my passion for the book. Yesterday I was trying to convince my roommate Ella to read it and nearly ended up crying while stuttering my words out.
5. I have discovered that I really enjoy learning about Children’s Literature and ripping it apart to discover meaning. I feel like Sherlock looking into a crime.