I need some help. I need you to leave me some book recommendations in the comments below!! Myself and my university friends are planing on starting a book club and I need some great book titles to suggest.
What have you read recently?
Also don’t forget to go and check out my Instagram or ‘bookstagram’ over at book_captivation.
I have just finished reading my review copy of Some Kind of Wonderful by Giovanna Fletcher. OMG I LOVVVVVVVEEEEE IT!!!
I am currently reading Turtles All The Way Down by the one and only JOHN GREEN. I have been longing for this book since the moment I finish all of his other books.
What are you currently reading?
“Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,If you’ve a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind.“
As a lot of you will know, I am a Ravenclaw – Pottermore confirmed it and I feel it in my heart.
With these traits in mind, I thought I would recommend some books for fellow Ravenclaws.
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- Atonement by Ian McEwan
- Emma by Jane Austen
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- So, what did you think of this post and my picks?
- Would you like it if I did the other houses?
- Shall I do a part two of this?
I am becoming a frequent user of instragam, especially on my book page. I think you should go and check out my page and maybe give me a cheeky follow. Make sure you comment that you’ve come from my blog so I can follow you back! 😊
My Instagram is – book_captivation …here is a sneaky peak. 📚🤓💫🍂🍁👑📝
- Adult Children: The Secrets of Dysfunctional Families by John C. Friel
- Twentieth- Century Suspense: The Thriller Comes of Age by Clive Bloom
- Thriller: Genesis and Structure of a Popular Genre by Jerry Palmer
- Unclaimed Experience: Trauma, Narrative and History by Cathy Caruth
- The Cambridge Companion to Crime Fiction by Martin Priestman
- Crime Fiction from Poe to the Present by Martin Priestman
- Trauma and Survival in Contemporary Fiction by Laurie Vickroy
- Too Scared to Cry: Psychic Trauma in Childhood by Lenore Tear
- Child of God by Cormac McCarthy
- Bastard Out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison
- The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie
- No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy
- Close Range by Annie Proulx
Books I read for fun-
- Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick
- The Girl Before by J.P.Delaney
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
- The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett
- Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan
- My Favourite Manson Girl by Alison Umminger
- Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
- The Book of You by Claire Kendal
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
- Strictly Between Us by Jane Fallon
- Twist Me by Anna Zaires
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
- This is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
- Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland
- Ordeal by Linda Lovelace
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
- The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
So, that is 34 books so far this year…not great but it was a challenging academic year.
One of my obsession and has been for many years now is Harry Potter. In my defence who isn’t obsessed with Harry Potter? 🤔😏 When I was little (I can’t write that anymore without thinking of Louisa Clarke from Me Before You‘) I had Harry Potter everythannngg- bike, cloack, Nimbus 2000, figurines, towels….you name it, I had it. Evidently my Harry Potter transport was on point haha…
But you know, as I got older the merch started going to car boot sales and charity shops.. *Why mum…why???* In hindsight I should have kept it all but I didn’t.
But let’s not let that get us down because recently my sister went to Florida and got me a wand. Harry’s wand in particular…yaaaaaayyy! When I visit I am going to buy another one or two – cough cough- probabally all of them because I have no self control.
Behold – Harry’s wand. Am I the chosen one now because I feel like it?
- Do you love Harry Potter? Is so, why?
- Which house are you in?
- Who’s your favourite character?