One of my obsession and has been for many years now is Harry Potter. In my defence who isn’t obsessed with Harry Potter? 🤔😏 When I was little (I can’t write that anymore without thinking of Louisa Clarke from Me Before You‘) I had Harry Potter everythannngg- bike, cloack, Nimbus 2000, figurines, towels….you name it, I had it. Evidently my Harry Potter transport was on point haha…
But you know, as I got older the merch started going to car boot sales and charity shops.. *Why mum…why???* In hindsight I should have kept it all but I didn’t.
But let’s not let that get us down because recently my sister went to Florida and got me a wand. Harry’s wand in particular…yaaaaaayyy! When I visit I am going to buy another one or two – cough cough- probabally all of them because I have no self control.
Behold – Harry’s wand. Am I the chosen one now because I feel like it?
- Do you love Harry Potter? Is so, why?
- Which house are you in?
- Who’s your favourite character?
Last time I did this post I was reading Louis Pentlands book Wilde Like Me, which I will review soon.
Now I am reading This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp. I was sent this in ARC form months and months ago but life has been super busy so I borrowed the physical copy and now I’m devouring it.
- The cover for this book gives me life!
- I’ve heard sooo many good things about it.
- I’m nearly half way and I’m hooked.
- The switching of perspectives makes the pace fast, which makes my adenraline pump with anticipation.
Everyone has a reason to fear the boy with the gun.
10:00 a.m. The principal of Opportunity, Alabama’s high school finishes her speech, welcoming the entire student body to a new semester and encouraging them to excel and achieve.
10:02 a.m.The students get up to leave the auditorium for their next class.
10:03.The auditorium doors won’t open.
10:05. Someone starts shooting.Told from four perspectives over the span of 54 harrowing minutes, terror reigns as one student’s calculated revenge turns into the ultimate game of survival.Winter ‘
- Have you read this book?
- Have I intrigued you to read it?
- What did you think?
So, I thought I would update you guys on what I have read in 2017 so far. I haven’t read as much as I wanted so far because I have been busy working on my dissertation.
I am doing my dissertation on the representation of trauma within Gillian Flynn’s novels, so I have been reading a lot about crime fiction. Oh yeah…that means I get to write 10,000 words on my love for Gillian Flynn and look at her novels: Sharp Objects, Dark Places and Gone Girl.
- Adult Children: The Secrets of Dysfunctional Families by John C. Friel
- Twentieth- Century Suspense: The Thriller Comes of Age by Clive Bloom
- Thriller: Genesis and Structure of a Popular Genre by Jerry Palmer
- Unclaimed Experience: Trauma, Narrative and History by Cathy Caruth
- The Cambridge Companion to Crime Fiction by Martin Priestman
- Crime Fiction from Poe to the Present by Martin Priestman
- Trauma and Survival in Contemporary Fiction by Laurie Vickroy
- Too Scared to Cry: Psychic Trauma in Childhood by Lenore Terr
- Child of God by Cormac McCarthy
- Bastard Out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison
- Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick
- The Girl Before by J.P.Delaney
What have you guys been reading this year?
I have six go to highlighters that I absolutely adore! 😈
Chameleon Highlighter In Mother of Pearl. £12.99 at Topshop
Look at my poor baby!! I smashed this while travelling and I am too attatched to get rid and too poor right now to treat myself to a new one. *downfall to being a student* I still use it daily so it’s all good.
I Heart Makeup Unicorn Heart Highlighter only £4.99 at Superdrug
I absolutely love this Highlighter, just look at it! My only downfall to this is that it is a little bit blue for my liking.
I Heart Makeup – Goddess of Love Triple Baked Highlighter. £4.99 Superdrug
M.U.A Highlight Shimmer £4 Superdrug
M.U.A Undress Your Skin- Iridescent Gold £3 Superdrug
M.U.A Undress Your Skin- pink shimmer £3 Superdrug
M.U.A highlighters are A-MAZ-ING.
(Left to right)
- Mother of Pearl. It’s subtle yet powerful! -£12.99
- Triple Baked Highlighter -£4.99
- M.U.A – Pink Shimmer -£3
- M.U.A – Iridescent Gold- £3
- Unicorn Heart -£4.99
- M.U.A – Highlight Shimmer – £4
Thank you for reading ✨ What’s your favourite Highlighter?
“Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,If you’ve a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind.“
As a lot of you will know, I am a Ravenclaw – Pottermore confirmed it and I feel it in my heart.
With these traits in mind, I thought I would recommend some books for fellow Ravenclaws.
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- Atonement by Ian McEwan
- Emma by Jane Austen
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- So, what did you think of this post and my picks?
- Would you like it if I did the other houses?
- Shall I do a part two of this?