One of my obsession and has been for many years now is Harry Potter. In my defence who isn’t obsessed with Harry Potter? 🤔😏 When I was little (I can’t write that anymore without thinking of Louisa Clarke from Me Before You‘) I had Harry Potter everythannngg- bike, cloack, Nimbus 2000, figurines, towels….you name it, I had it. Evidently my Harry Potter transport was on point haha…
But you know, as I got older the merch started going to car boot sales and charity shops.. *Why mum…why???* In hindsight I should have kept it all but I didn’t.
But let’s not let that get us down because recently my sister went to Florida and got me a wand. Harry’s wand in particular…yaaaaaayyy! When I visit I am going to buy another one or two – cough cough- probabally all of them because I have no self control.
Behold – Harry’s wand. Am I the chosen one now because I feel like it?
- Do you love Harry Potter? Is so, why?
- Which house are you in?
- Who’s your favourite character?
Last time I did this post I was reading Louis Pentlands book Wilde Like Me, which I will review soon.
Now I am reading This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp. I was sent this in ARC form months and months ago but life has been super busy so I borrowed the physical copy and now I’m devouring it.
- The cover for this book gives me life!
- I’ve heard sooo many good things about it.
- I’m nearly half way and I’m hooked.
- The switching of perspectives makes the pace fast, which makes my adenraline pump with anticipation.
Everyone has a reason to fear the boy with the gun.
10:00 a.m. The principal of Opportunity, Alabama’s high school finishes her speech, welcoming the entire student body to a new semester and encouraging them to excel and achieve.
10:02 a.m.The students get up to leave the auditorium for their next class.
10:03.The auditorium doors won’t open.
10:05. Someone starts shooting.Told from four perspectives over the span of 54 harrowing minutes, terror reigns as one student’s calculated revenge turns into the ultimate game of survival.Winter ‘
- Have you read this book?
- Have I intrigued you to read it?
- What did you think?
I’ve been thinking recently what books I use as a comfort blanket and what books have stayed with me since I read them.
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac
- The Trial by Franz Kafka
- The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald
- Harry Potter and the Philospher Stone by J.K.Rowling
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Sophie’s World by Jostein Gaarder
- The Hobbit by J.R.R.Tolkien
What books comfort or stay with you?
I WANT TO CELEBRATE YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE…
A few rules first…
- You have to be following my blog. p.s…I can tell when you comment without following 😉
- Comment below that you want to be entered.
- Open worldwide
I wanted to something aimed at both my book followers and beauty followers.
What you can win…
- £20/$20/€20 to spend at any book retailer e.g Amazon, Waterstones and Book Depository.
- The Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette.
- So thats the Modern Renaissance Palette PLUS £/€/$ 20 to spend on books or anything bookish.
- You will have a chance to wins these if you follow my blog and comment below.
- This giveaway will end in a week (or maybe two depending on entries).
Thank you for reading.
I had a really positive response to the first post about my bookish habits…we are all a little weird and I LOVE IT. This is my second post and I love hearing what you reply, so please comment below and lets be weird and wonderful together.
Read part one here –
Here I discussed my impulse to talk to anyone reading a book, stifling a yawn with my book, hating on people who abuse books and my favourite reading location.
- Smelling books. New or Old I will give a book a cheeky little smell. Have you ever walked into a old vintage book shop and thought wow, it smells amazing. I wish they made candles in old book scent because I would burn that for daaayyyyssss. I always think old books smell well loved if that makes any sense at all. P.S. Early season Rory gives me life, she was a complete bookworm.
- Leaving books scattered around the house. I am sooo guilty of this and it irritates my mum so much, she would always say she knew when I was back from university because she would just find books in random places. I need access to books at all times okay, what if something happened and I had to stay in that room…it would be okay because I would have a book with me.
3. Always having a book on me. I won’t leave the house unless I have a book with me. You never know when you will have a spare minute to read. Waiting for someone?-read. Early somewhere?-read. Unhappy?- Read. Bored?- Read. Legit the other day I went to Bath for the day with my best friend and I thought I would be early to the station so I grabbed my trusty version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
4. Going on holiday and packing more books than clothes. THANK YOU KINDLE FOR MAKING MY LIFE EASIER NOW! When I use to visit my dad in Denmark over summer I would take like ten books for a week trip and SMASH them all. He would have to work somedays so I would just read in his apartment or walk to the park and read. I still sometimes take physical copies of books with me but prefer to take my kindle nowadays because it is lighter and easier to carry. Although I prefer reading books over kindle books? what’s your thoughts on this matter?
5. Spending hours on end in libraries and bookshops. Guilty again. I got spend an endless amount of time roaming the shelves in bookshops and libraries. Being surrounded by books fills me with a sense of comfort and belonging and I LOVE IT.
6. Talking about fictional characters as if they are real. I am a nightmare when it comes to this. They are real to me okay, they have touched my heart and now live in there. When I was going to my dissertation meetings my supervisor had to sit me down and advise me to stop writing and discussing the characters as if they were real. So…instead of writing Nick and Amy volitile relationship, I would have to write Flynn constructed the characters of Nick and Amy to give the illusion of a volatile relationship.Blah Blah Blah.
So here are six more reading habits of mine. Do you do the same? What do you think of mine?
…drum roll please…. dun dun dun….I am going to read… Wilde Like Me by Louise Pentland.
I got this for my mum for her birthday but I’ve been eager to read it myself for ages. Did I slyly just buy it for myself for “for her” . Sorry Mum! 🙌🏻
Excuse the messy bookshelf, I had to cram a lot of stuff on it while I am home for summer. (There are still like 8 boxes of books downstairs aswell 😂)
What are you currently reading? /reading next? ✨