I WANT TO CELEBRATE YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE…
A few rules first…
- You have to be following my blog. p.s…I can tell when you comment without following 😉
- Comment below that you want to be entered.
- Open worldwide
I wanted to something aimed at both my book followers and beauty followers.
What you can win…
- £20/$20/€20 to spend at any book retailer e.g Amazon, Waterstones and Book Depository.
- The Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette.
- So thats the Modern Renaissance Palette PLUS £/€/$ 20 to spend on books or anything bookish.
- You will have a chance to wins these if you follow my blog and comment below.
- This giveaway will end in a week (or maybe two depending on entries).
Thank you for reading.
I had a really positive response to the first post about my bookish habits…we are all a little weird and I LOVE IT. This is my second post and I love hearing what you reply, so please comment below and lets be weird and wonderful together.
Read part one here –
Here I discussed my impulse to talk to anyone reading a book, stifling a yawn with my book, hating on people who abuse books and my favourite reading location.
- Smelling books. New or Old I will give a book a cheeky little smell. Have you ever walked into a old vintage book shop and thought wow, it smells amazing. I wish they made candles in old book scent because I would burn that for daaayyyyssss. I always think old books smell well loved if that makes any sense at all. P.S. Early season Rory gives me life, she was a complete bookworm.
- Leaving books scattered around the house. I am sooo guilty of this and it irritates my mum so much, she would always say she knew when I was back from university because she would just find books in random places. I need access to books at all times okay, what if something happened and I had to stay in that room…it would be okay because I would have a book with me.
3. Always having a book on me. I won’t leave the house unless I have a book with me. You never know when you will have a spare minute to read. Waiting for someone?-read. Early somewhere?-read. Unhappy?- Read. Bored?- Read. Legit the other day I went to Bath for the day with my best friend and I thought I would be early to the station so I grabbed my trusty version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
4. Going on holiday and packing more books than clothes. THANK YOU KINDLE FOR MAKING MY LIFE EASIER NOW! When I use to visit my dad in Denmark over summer I would take like ten books for a week trip and SMASH them all. He would have to work somedays so I would just read in his apartment or walk to the park and read. I still sometimes take physical copies of books with me but prefer to take my kindle nowadays because it is lighter and easier to carry. Although I prefer reading books over kindle books? what’s your thoughts on this matter?
5. Spending hours on end in libraries and bookshops. Guilty again. I got spend an endless amount of time roaming the shelves in bookshops and libraries. Being surrounded by books fills me with a sense of comfort and belonging and I LOVE IT.
6. Talking about fictional characters as if they are real. I am a nightmare when it comes to this. They are real to me okay, they have touched my heart and now live in there. When I was going to my dissertation meetings my supervisor had to sit me down and advise me to stop writing and discussing the characters as if they were real. So…instead of writing Nick and Amy volitile relationship, I would have to write Flynn constructed the characters of Nick and Amy to give the illusion of a volatile relationship.Blah Blah Blah.
So here are six more reading habits of mine. Do you do the same? What do you think of mine?
…drum roll please…. dun dun dun….I am going to read… Wilde Like Me by Louise Pentland.
I got this for my mum for her birthday but I’ve been eager to read it myself for ages. Did I slyly just buy it for myself for “for her” . Sorry Mum! 🙌🏻
Excuse the messy bookshelf, I had to cram a lot of stuff on it while I am home for summer. (There are still like 8 boxes of books downstairs aswell 😂)
What are you currently reading? /reading next? ✨
Thank you so much to Brooke go check out her A-MAZ-ING blog.
- Thank the blogger who has nominated you for this award.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs and write 11 new questions for them.
- List the rules and display the logo of sunshine blog award in your post.
- Did you have a dream last night? What happened? Ummm…did I dream last night? ahhh yes, yes I did…I dreamt that I was Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. This is probably because I was reading it before bed…can’t blame a girl for dreaming about Mr.Darcy.
- Elephants or giraffes? Elephants…or both. I love both.
- Going to the cinema or having a movie night in? Brooke…why have you asked the hardest questions. I spent ages deciding on elephants or giraffes…now this. I honestly like both. Sometimes I love staying in but if it’s a film i’ve been anticipating I have to see it asap.
- Indian or Chinese food? Indian all the way.
- In the film Cars, do they have car insurance or life insurance? What an interesting and thought provoking question…ummm probably life insurance. But, maybe their care insurance is just called life insurance.
- Sweet or savoury? Savoury.
- Never be able to wash your clothes again or never be able to wash your bedding again? You can’t change or buy new ones either. I know it would be gross to never wash your bedding but I guess your skin has direct contact with your clothes daily so i’d have to pick them. Although never washing bedding makes me feel sick and gives me the hebejebes.
- What are the first 5 things you do when you wake up? Check my phone, wash my teeth, wash my face, think about what I am going to wear and eat breakfast (not always)
- What are the first 5 things you do before you fall asleep? check my phone (am I addicted to my phone?) , think about what I am going to wear the next day, think about what I have to do, read and have a cup of peppermint tea.
- Do you go to the gym? How often? Honestly, and this is AWFUL…but I cannot remember the last time I went to the gym. I prefer to do exercise at home or outside. I am too poor for the gym right now.
- If you could create a law, what would it be? Another thought provoking question. Ummm I would try and do something with the stigma around mental health.
- If you received enough money to never need to work again, what would you spend your time doing?
- How would you describe yourself in 5 words?
- If your entire life was a movie, what title would best fit?
- Do you ask enough questions, or are you happily settling for what you know already?
- What is the last thing that you’ve done that’s really worth remembering?
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- fictional or non fiction books?
- What inspires you?
- Whats your favourite book series?
- If you could spend 15 minutes with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Why?
My nominees –
- Emma @ The Terror of Knowing
- When Curiosity Killed the Cat
- Han @ Amethyst Rose Beauty
- Drew @ The Tattooed Book Geek
- Christine @ The Story Slave
- Ashley @The Infinite Library
- Katie @Never Not Reading
- A Wee Blog
- The Orangutan Librarian
- ALL MY OTHER FOLLOWERS
Cannot wait to see your answers, don’t forget to tag me.
Treat ya self Thursday 😏
The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes
The girl who wouldn’t die – hunting a killer who shouldn’t exist.
In Depression-era Chicago, Harper Curtis finds a key to a house that opens on to other times. But it comes at a cost. He has to kill the shining girls: bright young women, burning with potential. He stalks them through their lives across different eras, leaving anachronistic clues on their bodies, until, in 1989, one of his victims, Kirby Mazrachi, survives and turns the hunt around.
Amazon – £2.29
The Little Friend by Donna Tartt
Twelve-year-old Harriet is doing her best to grow up, which is not easy as her mother is permanently on medication, her father has silently moved to another city, and her serene sister rarely notices anything. All of them are still suffering from the shocking and mysterious death of her brother Robin twelve years earlier, and it seems to Harriet that the family may never recover. So, inspired by Captain Scott, Houdini, and Robert Louis Stevenson, she sets out with her only friend Hely to find Robin’s murderer and punish him. But what starts out as a child’s game soon becomes a dark and dangerous journey into the menacing underworld of a small Mississippi town.
I love Edger Allan Poe and couldn’t resist this beauty!
Amazon – £16.99
Over the last academic year, I have dedicated a lot of my time to my final year at university because I knew that if I didn’t give it my all and failed I would be extremely disappointed at myself. That being said, I have missed blogging frequently and interacting with you guys.
Sorry for abandoning my blog and thank you for sticking around to read this.
This blog means soo much to me, its my little place on the internet that allows me to truly be myself and speak freely about topics that I adore. This is also an excellent place for an introvert like me to passionately display my fandoms and interests…while meeting others who feel the same.
I have some how accumulated 3000+ followers while sporadically posting so thank you!!!
Thank you for every comment, every like, every follow and every ping back. I cannot express how much they mean to me but THANK YOU. Thank you for making me feel included in this community and thank you for motivating me to blog.
I am going to Reading Festival soon and super eager to cover myself in glitter, wear space buns (all day- everyday!) and wear super cute clothes!!
I currently have permanent eyelashes in so my life is so much easier with make up because I don’t have to worry about eyeliner, lashes or massacra.
I think while at a festival you don’t want to worry about loads of contour etc so I kept my face makeup simple and focused more on my eyeshadow and glitter. Glitter just makes my life better.
I want to try so many more glitter looks…come on inspire me by tagging me in your looks or commenting ideas below. I adore space buns but thought I’d also try bun pigtails in the first photo.
I would also normally wear a lipstick with this look but before this I packed all my uni room away and put my box of lipsticks somewhere. A good red or nude would do here…and hair glitter ✨
- What do you think of this look?
- Should I try something more extreme?
- (P.s I’m wearing a crop top 😂)
~ My lip stick collection is getting out of control. Pray for my bank account because it is seriously lacking funds right now! ~
I mostly wear reds and purples but I have been trying to be adventurous with orange ones and that matalic bad boy right there.
SOOOOOOO many research books for my dissertation, I am not going to bore you with all the titles though. It is like 76 or something now and I think don’t want to bombard you with trauma and gender theory. University Books- (books read for my course.)
- Child of God by Cormac McCarthy
- Bastard Out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison
- Close Range by Annie Proulx
- The Road Cormac McCarthy
- No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy
- The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Fun books-
- Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick
- The Girl Before by J.P.Delaney
- Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail
It makes me really really sad that I have only read five books for fun this year so far…ahhh…so annoying!
Do you have any book recommendations??