I need some help. I need you to leave me some book recommendations in the comments below!! Myself and my university friends are planing on starting a book club and I need some great book titles to suggest.
What have you read recently?
Also don’t forget to go and check out my Instagram or ‘bookstagram’ over at book_captivation.
One of my obsession and has been for many years now is Harry Potter. In my defence who isn’t obsessed with Harry Potter? 🤔😏 When I was little (I can’t write that anymore without thinking of Louisa Clarke from Me Before You‘) I had Harry Potter everythannngg- bike, cloack, Nimbus 2000, figurines, towels….you name it, I had it. Evidently my Harry Potter transport was on point haha…
But you know, as I got older the merch started going to car boot sales and charity shops.. *Why mum…why???* In hindsight I should have kept it all but I didn’t.
But let’s not let that get us down because recently my sister went to Florida and got me a wand. Harry’s wand in particular…yaaaaaayyy! When I visit I am going to buy another one or two – cough cough- probabally all of them because I have no self control.
Behold – Harry’s wand. Am I the chosen one now because I feel like it?
- Do you love Harry Potter? Is so, why?
- Which house are you in?
- Who’s your favourite character?
On Wednesday I arrived back in England after exploring Europe for five weeks. During this time, I had to take some long train journeys…which meant READING TIME. YASSSSSS reading time.
I read 10 books in 5 weeks… I don’t know if this is good or not hahaha. So without further ado, this is the list of the books I read.
- Paper Butterflies by Lisa Heathfield
- Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L.James (I read all of these before but I wanted to read something easy and not challenging.)
- Fifty Shades Darker by E.L.James
- Fifty Shades Freed by E.L.James
- Grey by E.L. James
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi (I have read this book like three times and it breaks me every time.
- How to Mend a Broken Heart by Anna Mansell
- Brave is the New Beautiful by Lee Wolfe Blum
- Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard
- The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett
SOOOOOOO many research books for my dissertation, I am not going to bore you with all the titles though. It is like 76 or something now and I think don’t want to bombard you with trauma and gender theory. University Books- (books read for my course.)
- Child of God by Cormac McCarthy
- Bastard Out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison
- Close Range by Annie Proulx
- The Road Cormac McCarthy
- No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy
- The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Fun books-
- Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick
- The Girl Before by J.P.Delaney
- Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail
It makes me really really sad that I have only read five books for fun this year so far…ahhh…so annoying!
Do you have any book recommendations??
Books from my children’s Literature module that I am studying in 2017 and have to read-
- J.R. R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
- Maurice Sendak, Where the Wild Things Are
- Roald Dahl, Matilda
- Philip Pullman, Northern Lights
- K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Lauren Child, Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Book?
- Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games
Books from my American Literature module that I am studying in 2017 and have to read-
- Cormac McCarthy, Child of God
- Dorothy Allison,Bastard Out of Carolina
- Sherman Alexie, The Lone-Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven
- Annie Proulx,Close Range
- Cormac McCarthy, No Country for Old Men
Books I want to read in my spare time –
(8 above) (so far I have 11 book that I really want to read but I need more recommendations, please comment below…) Obviously I have plenty of books on my TBR list, I am just intrigued to see what you guys recommend)
- Paula Hawkins, Into the Water
- Victoria Aveyard, King’s Cage
- Suzanne O’Sullivan, It’s All in Your Head
- Matt Haig, The Humans
- Emma Cline, The Girls
- Bret Easton Ellis, Lunar Park
- Bret Easton Ellis, The Rules of Attraction
- Sara Barnard,Beautiful Broken Things
- Nicola Yoon, The Sun is also a Star
- Nina LaCour, We Are Okay
- Austin Wright, Tony and Susan
At the beginning of the year I decided to set myself a reading challenge and if you have been reading my blog for a long time now, you know the ultimate number changed a few times...50/75/115/100… you get the idea.
A few posts of mine about the reading challenge-
Nearly half way…
62 out of 100 reading challenge.
As you know, we don’t have very long left of 2016 and I am starting to panic a little bit because I have only read 88 books this year. That means that I still have to read 12 more books to reach my goal of 100 books read in 2016.
I need your help…please motivate me in the comments below with book suggestions/ books you have loved this year etc. JUST PLEASE MOTIVATE ME!! I REALLY WANT TO ACHIEVE MY GOAL.