- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog!
- Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees!
I have been nominated for three Liebster awards so I thought I would just do them all together… I am just going to stick to 11 of each, except the questions.
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THESE THREE LOVELY BLOGS!
11 FACTS ABOUT ME…
- I am a bit of a socially awkward person, meaning that I get super shy all the time.
2. I want to have a library in my house when I grew up.
3. Thinking about growing up scares me quite a lot, for the last 13 years I have been in education and will be till 2017 when I hopefully will graduate.
4. I really miss working at the cinema, (I had to leave when I went to University).
5. I do not know where I get passion for reading from, everyone in my family seems to think I am the shy, awkward and nerdy one that just likes to read.
6. I am in love with the Saccone Joly’s on Youtube, if you don’t know them please go check them out because they are so cute and funny. They upload daily vlogs so I feel like I know them haha. I just love youtubers to be fair.
7. I love watching tv series, it allows me time to become emotionally invested in the characters. Warning do not become invested in Grey’s Anatomy characters because they do not last long…
8. My favourite colour is blue…woo to blue
9. I feel like I am a really boring person because I cannot seem to think of 11 facts about me.
10. I live in Bristol (for University), My mum, step dad and sister live in Swindon. While my dad lives in Denmark with my step mum and both of my Nan’s live in London. Although it is difficult to not have your family right there, it makes me appreciate them more.
11. I really like history and when I was younger I wanted to become a history teacher, but then I discovered the beauty of English.
THE QUESTIONS I HAVE BEEN ASKED…
The Book Dectective…
1.What would your patronus be? I love this question, I think I would be a Doe.
2. Who is your favourite Greek God? Apollo, god of the sun, truth, music and poetry.
3.If you could write a story like Harry Potter, what would you name your main character? eg. Isla Inkwell and the Astronomer’s Stone. I really like name Aria…so maybe Aria and the cave of happiness
4. What is your favourite genre to read? Oh this is hard to answer, I like fantasy books I guess.
5.Which would you rather be: Shadowhunter, Wizard at Hogwarts, Gallagher Girl, Alien from Lorien, Divergent in Dauntless, Tribute of the Hunger Games, Agent of Spectrum, Consulting Detective, Doctor’s Companion, or a Targaryen? Can I be all of them? I want to be a Divergent in dauntless, taking refuge in Hogwarts before going off to become a tribute in the Hunger Games.
6.What book got you hooked on reading? Ummm The Virgin’s Lover by Philippa Gregory, it was the first book I properly read.
7.What inspired your blog name? I am going to talk about Captivated~By ~Fantasy, I choose this because it is my tumblr name but it also what happens with me because when I read, I allow myself to be captivated.
8. What element would you like to manipulate/bend; water, fire, earth, air, metal, or spirit? water
9. What is your favourite read of this year? Probably Fight Club because it was incredible.
10. Who is your favourite character of all time? Bella from Twilight
- If you could date one fictional character, who would it be… and why? Four from Divergent
Books ‘n’ Feathers blog asked me…
1.Would you ever set a book on fire just because it has upset/pissed you off? noo never!
2.How many hours do you spend inside a bookstore? Way too many, I could live in there.
3.What book reminds you of a phase in your life which you don’t want to ever be reminded of? Twilight eclipse because it reminds me of the time I went to LA to interview the Twilight Cast, wooo 14 year old Shan.
4.If there is just one last copy of your favourite book remaining in the world and your best friend’s kidnapper is after it, would you give up your fav book to save your best friend or not? I would definitely sacrifice my favourite book for my friend 😀 proving how much of a good friend I am.
5.Do you keep a diary? yes
6.What do you enjoy the most about writing? just being able to express myself because I am not that great at talking about my feelings.
7.Do you talk to random strangers about a book which you see them holding? I have to admit I do try and talk to people, if they are holding a book I love and they look approachable. I love seeing people reading.
8.Do you think people should slow down on tweeting about books every minute of the day when they can actually spend that time reading? I have never thought about it, but sometimes when I get really excited I just need to write about it rather than read more.
9.Which place would you love to visit in winter? New York
10.Are you a coffee/tea drinker? both!!! I love hot drinks so much.
11.Would you stop using that lipstick you apply everyday if you know that whales are being killed everyday because of you? yes
Book Nerd blog asked me…
1.Where do you want to go that you read about in a book? HOGWARTS!!!
2. What is your favorite genre? I like to read anything and everything.
3.Have you always liked to read, or is it something you just started to like randomly one day… I went on holiday once and went to the resorts book section (where people left their books) and picked up a book to read by the pool and I liked the way I could escape within it so from that moment I continued to read.
4.What is your favorite book that got turned into a movie? The Fault in Our Stars
5.What is your favorite snack to eat while reading? crisps
6.What was the worst book you’ve ever read? Umm this is really hard, I cannot think of anything right now.
7.Do you use the same bookmark every time you read a book, or do you just grab the closest thing and use it has a marker? I grab the closest thing I can
8. Is there a certain book or series that you have read over and over and over again? Harry Potter, Divergent and Twilight
9. What’s the longest book you’ve ever read? I don’t know
10. Favorite subject in school? English
11.If you could be best friends with any fictional character, who would it be? I think I would get along really well with Hermione.
I know I am meant to nominate 11 but I see that quick a few of the people I wanted to nominate have already had this award a few times and I did not want to annoy them or the people nominated me.
- What was your favourite book as a kid?
- What is your favourite classic (if you read them)
- What are you currently reading?
- Why did you start a book blog?
- What is your favourite contemporary authors?
- How long is your “to-read” pile?
- Which book have you re-read more than 3 times? If any?
- What is your favourite genre ?
- Who is your ultimate favourite author?
- If you could be friends with a fictional character who would it be?
- If you had to choose a fictional partner (boyfriend or girlfriend) who would it be?